Course on the pruning of fruit trees and bushes, Stjärnsund
September 19 @ 13:00 - September 20 @ 14:001200kr
In this course you will learn how to think when you prune garden and forest garden plants. Theory will alternate with practical application of the origin the noble art of the Diversity Garden in Stjärnsund. Most of the edible vegetation in the garden is a maximum of seven years old, but there are also a number of older apples- and cherry trees as well as sweet roe and currant bushes. The focus of the autumn course will be on JAS (July, August, september) beskärning av främst de äldre äppelträden men även de andra äldre träden och buskarna samt ett par år gamla körsbärsplommon och eventuellt persika.
We go through and practice maintenance pruning, relief pruning and rejuvenation pruning. We will discuss how the plants can be pruned in different ways as well as practically remove branches on the plants that feel good from pruning this season. We will follow up on how the trees and shrubs cut in March 2020 svarat på beskärningen samt hur det gått för träd som beskurits efter att ha betesskadats av rådjur. We will be outdoors all the time, even at meals (has a party tent) and we can jointly help to keep a distance during the course with a view to the corona.
On this course you will learn:
- To care for and prune your fruit trees so that you create balance and harmony in the tree crown so that the fruit is of good quality and the tree feel good.
- Reading the tree and its immediate environment such as light, find, Water and soil.
- To see the difference between bladved and fruktved and assess annual growth.
- Understanding how different cropping has consequences for the tree's form and function.
- To learn how to add the right cut with saws and pruning shears for the best healing.
- To reduce the damage caused by improper pruning and fläkskador.
- To understand how to prune trees that have been uncut for a long time.
- Taking care of your pruning equipment and how to avoid infection.
- To recognize various diseases and pests and how to prevent and treat these.
- Knowing the risks associated with work at height and sharp tools.
times: The course starts on Saturday 19 september 13.00 and also takes place during the morning of the 20th between the hours. 8.30 to about 14.00.
Teachers at the course: Peeter Hüllert has more than 30 years of knowledge and experience in growing and tree care and now has his own firm for fruit tree pruning www.phtradvard.se. He has a very trained eye and feeling to see how the trees need to be pruned to feel good. Cultivation and gardening has always been around as a natural part of life Peeters. As a child, he grew up on a farm and learned early how to grow and care for the garden's fruits and berries. After completing agricultural education, however, took studies and professional life completely different roads. But farming and gardening has always been part of that leisure activity and many years as a full-time occupation.
Course fee: 1200 kr (inkl moms). Vegetarian food included (Else both days, dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday). Breakfast gets you organize yourself.
Notification: Must register by pay the fee. The course fee includes vegetarian food. We send out a request for special diet after notification. If you have symptoms of illness, you can cancel the course with a full refund.
Accommodation: There is plenty of accommodation in Stjärnsund, a compilation you will find here. Boka gärna så snart som möjligt efter att du anmält dig till kursen då det underlättar för deras planering. Särskilt vandrarhemmet Fridhem (fridhem.nu) uppskattar tidiga bokningar 🙂
Bring: Self-trimming machine if you have. There will also be pruners lending.
Discover Stjärnsund: Take the opportunity to spend the night from Friday in one of the various accommodation offered in the neighborhood and enjoy forests, lakes, silence and the family atmosphere. Fridhems conference center and the hostel has a volunteer-driven eco-store, local craft and art exhibitions.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com