- This event has passed.
The two-day course in Forest Horticulture (Falun)
2 July, 2016 @ 10:00 - 3 July, 2016 @ 17:001300kr
Welcome to a basic course in forest gardening in Falun on 2-3 July 2016! (NOTE course is fully booked.)
The course gives you everything you need to get started with their own forest garden projects. During the two-day course covers we will combine theory with practical sessions and we will work together to develop an existing house garden to a woodland garden. Want to know more about forest gardens? On Forest Garden blog you will find a definition and more readable on forest gardens.
The course starts on Saturday 2 July 2016 at 10 and we finish the afternoon Sunday 3 July.
In detail, the course is structured as follows:
Saturday: at 10-18
- What is a forest garden? - Goals, Strategies, ekosystemdynamik
- Location Criteria and location analysis - How to find the right spot for a woodland garden?
- Crude Forms: Woody plants
- Scarification Techniques
- Placement and planting trees and shrubs
- Forest biodiversity garden
Sunday: at 9-16
- Crude Forms: Herbaceous plants.
- The art of creating functioning polykulturer
- Placement and planting örtskiktet and creepers
- Maintenance work: What needs to be done the first two years of the forest garden to succeed?
- Basic propagation techniques: How can I get own plants? And where do I get the plants I can not pull myself?
- Summary – Thinking in Systems, see patterns and relationships for a successful timber gardening
- Evaluation and trades
Teachers at the course: Philip Weiss & Annevi Sjöberg, http://skogsträdgården.stjärnsund.nu
Course fee: 1300 kr (inkl moms).
Mat (Included in the course fee):
Saturday: morning coffee and soup lunch.
The opportunity to grill your own food brought in the evening
Sunday: morning coffee and pasta salad.
Accommodation: It is possible to pitch a tent on the lawn of course the hosts. Otherwise it is possible to book accommodation at the monastery Birgitta farm near (paid for by the participants themselves, is http://www.birgittasystrarna.se/index/retview/MTk=/Mw==).
To bring: Clothes for all weather, we will be outdoors much of the weekend. Gladly own shovel.
Questions? Kontakta Philipp Weiss på firstname.lastname@example.org eller 072 9239153.
Notification: You can register for the course by filling in the below application form. There are a total of 16 Places on the course. Once you have registered you will receive an invoice from us on a course fee of 1300 kr. Your place on the course is fully secured when we receive your payment. (The course is alas fully booked!)